Welcome to The OSURA
The Ohio State University Retirees Association [OSURA] is an organization for retired faculty and staff that provides a variety of services to enrich the lives of its members and benefit the university and greater community. Some 3,800 members are located throughout the country.
Who are OSURA members?
Over 3,800 OSU retirees located throughout the country have joined OSURA.
- Regular Members are retired Ohio State University faculty and staff.
- Spouses and partners are automatically members of OSURA . Surviving spouses and partners may continue membership.
- Membership is also open to retirees of entities recognized by the Executive Board as being closely related to the University [such as The Faculty Club and WOSU]
- Regular Members have the right to vote and hold office.
- Associate Members are retirees from places other than the University who have an interest in and can contribute to the purpose of OSURA. Also, individuals who are nearing retirement from the University are eligible to become Associate Members.
- They may be from other colleges and universities, attended or graduated from The Ohio State University or retired persons who have contributed significant service to The Ohio State University.
- Spouses and partners are automatically members of OSURA. Surviving spouses and partners may continue membership.
- Associate Members do not have the right to vote or hold any position requiring membership on the Executive Board.
The Ohio State University Retirees Association aspires to become the most effective organization possible to help members attain optimum satisfaction in their retirement years.
OSURA provides a variety of services that enrich the lives of its members and benefit the university and the greater community.
- To provide a wide range of activities, including educational, informational, cultural, social, travel, and volunteer opportunities.
- To monitor and share information on benefits affecting health and life style choices.
- To increase membership.
- To advance all modes of communication with its members, as well as the university and greater community, via the Association’s newsletter, membership directory, web site, and other appropriate avenues.
- To assist and serve The Ohio State University in accomplishing its mission and goals.
- To encourage and create opportunities for retirees to help other retirees.
- To develop further the Association’s endowment.
- To be an efficient retiree association.