Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye
Join The Ohio State University Retirees Association (OSURA) to stay connected with friends, colleagues and the university.
Membership includes these benefits:
- Get access to a network of 2,600 retired faculty and staff to help you track critical issues that might impact your pensions, benefits, and healthcare
- Take part in one hundred exclusive lifelong-learning activities focused on educational, cultural, wellness, and travel programming
- Connect with friends at special social events such as the annual conference, holiday party and member appreciation lunch.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of our special interest groups: book club, bridge, crafts, dinner presentations, health and wellness, litter pickers, photography, tertulia lunches, walkers, and hikers
- Stay current on member and university news through monthly newsletters, our website, and our Facebook page
- An Annual Membership includes spouses and partners at no additional cost, and members’ surviving spouses and partners may continue their involvement
- Dues are tax-deductible if you itemize your taxes
- Annual Membership dues are only $25 for the calendar year, or you may choose a Lifetime Membership for $500 (a payment schedule is available. New (January 1, 2022) – if you hold a degree from Ohio State, your OSURA membership of at least $25 will qualify you as an Alumni Donor member of The Ohio State University Alumni Association. Your OSURA Lifetime membership of at least $500 will qualify you as a Life Donor member of The Ohio State University Alumni Association for one year if you hold a degree from Ohio State.
Options for paying dues:
- Pay online with a credit card using the button below. To become a Lifetime Member, change the “gift amount” to $500.
- Call The Ohio State University Alumni Association Engagement Center at 614-292-2281 or 800-762-5646 to make a credit card payment
- Send a check payable to the Ohio State University Foundation. Please note the OSURA membership fund #315499 in the check memo line. Mail to:
The Ohio State University Foundation
P.O. Box 710811
Columbus, OH 43271-0811
|Become a member!|
OSURA Associate Membership
An Associate Membership is available in some cases. Ohio State faculty and staff who are within one year of retirement and to retirees from other organizations may apply. The OSURA Membership Committee will consider applications for associate status, which requires paying $25 annually.
NOTE: OSURA Annual Membership Length
OSURA has a donation-based membership model which means to “join” OSURA and enjoy the benefits offered, you need to make a yearly gift/donation of $25 or more to the OSURA Support Fund #315499.
Membership is tracked through the University’s database, which runs on a calendar year. Members are encouraged to make their gift before December 31 to maintain their sustaining membership for the following year.
New retirees only, who “join” anytime in the calendar year, will not need to renew their membership until the following autumn. (Example – if you “join” on July 10, 2023, your membership would not expire until December 31, 2024.)
Current OSURA Annual Members who miss the December 31 deadline are still encouraged to make their gift in the new year. Those who donate in the first part of the calendar year, between January 1 – June 30, may receive a renewal notification in the fall of that year even though your membership expiration date will be December 31 of the following calendar year.