Don’t miss the benefits you have enjoyed as an OSURA member this past year. Continue to:
- Read Ohio State news, learn about fellow retirees and learn about events for OSURA members through monthly OSURA newsletter
- Choose from nearly 100 exclusive events
- Hear expert information on physical, financial, and mental health topics
- Keep tabs on your retirement benefits
- Share your membership with your spouse or partner
- If you hold a degree from Ohio State, your OSURA membership of at least $25 will qualify you as an Alumni Donor member.
All this and much more still costs only $25!
Annual Membership dues apply to the calendar year, or you may choose a Lifetime Membership for $500 (a payment schedule is available). Dues are tax deductible if you itemize your taxes.
NOTE: Explanation of OSURA Membership Length
OSURA has a donation-based membership model which means to “join” OSURA and enjoy the benefits offered, you need to make a yearly gift/donation of $25 or more to the OSURA Support Fund #315499.
Membership is tracked through the University’s database, which runs on a calendar year. Members are encouraged to make their gift before December 31 to maintain their annual membership for the following year.
New retirees only, who “join” anytime in the calendar year, will not need to renew their membership until the following autumn. (Example – if you “join” on July 10, 2023, your membership would not expire until December 31, 2024.)
Current OSURA Annual Members who miss the December 31 deadline are still encouraged to make their gift in the new year. Those who donate in the first part of the calendar year, between January 1 – June 30, may receive a renewal notification in the fall of that year even though your membership expiration date will be December 31 of the following calendar year.
Options for paying dues:
Pay online with a credit card
- Renew your dues for annual membership by donating to The Ohio State University Retirees Association Support Fund; Fund number 315499. There are two options:
- donate on a yearly basis a minimum of $25
- become a Lifetime Member by changing the “gift amount” to $500
|Renew your membership!
- While paying your dues, consider additional support of the OSURA endowment funds
- The OSURA Endowment Fund #605419 produces interest that ensures long-term support of activities that enrich our members’ lives. The endowment also allows advocacy and overview of higher education and pension issues. Since membership dues cover less than half of OSURA’s day to day operating costs, endowment income is vital.
- The OSURA Endowment Fund to Combat Student Food Insecurity, #483890, established in 2019, addresses the surprising issue of students struggling to stretch budgets. An Ohio State study in 2018 indicated that 16 percent of the university’s undergraduates eat unhealthy meals or even go hungry. Once endowed, income will support the Buckeye Food Alliance, a food pantry for students and operated by students.
To pay by telephone or mail:
Call OSU Alumni Association Engagement Services at 614-292-2281 or 800-762-5646.
Send a check made payable to The Ohio State University Foundation, noting OSURA Fund #315499 in the check memo line. Mail to:
The Ohio State University Foundation
c/o Gift Processing
Columbus, OH 43271-0811.